"Now I [turn] a page anew
in hopes...[anticipation]
of bright future
That when they will say my name,
legacy will be born again."
-My younger self
I wrote this years back just before I left primary school. It's not the exact same words but somewhat about there. It was written on the first page of a blank book I made, bright red poinsettias wrapping paper, my first, in my eyes, perfectly made hard cover book in which I could fill with anything I so please...my first planner and occasional notebook (when I forgot to bring my regular recycled-brown buke latihan...I started early with the self note-taking). I see the words now as plasticised and overly sweeted up (think bright red lipstick with dying romantisim) but then again, I was feeling overly dramatic about going to high school and dreams of writing. I was influenced by L.M. Montgomery a great deal, although needless to say I was a pretty desecrat-ive version of herself *ugh*. Her art is wonderously beautiful and vast, and I have yet to read of another that possesses the English language as she did. Her books are still among my favorites but with much regret, I see myself in another world not hers and have returned to the generally accepted reality of logic and rationality. One writing habit that I have not managed to shake off is my wordiness..my tales twist and turn and take long journeys in attempt to explain, thus lacking the juiciness of succinctness and clear, beautiful grammar.
Well, the point I was getting at is after a few attempts to create my ideal blog, I claim this one to be one of the more determined attempts to keep this blog neat, changing and not another abandoned one (like the rest which just got A. boring, B. messed up, C. frustratingly ugly) in hopes to expand my computer knowledge. I have said this before and kept it in the back of my mind many many times but never really done it. Well, let's see with this one. I suppose this will be a travel log (Fall 2004--Hungary!) and also a personal notebook; I am tempted to separate the two, but heck, I am but one.
It is somewhat proper to start a new blog now, at the end of summer of 2003, as I *ahem* embark on a journey as a 19 year-old seeking for the experience that would enable me to say "I have lived a good life and done X, meaningful, satisfying, worthwhile and worthy for the glory of God in my past 19 years of life" on my 20th birthday. Jotting down the expansion (yes, these will be growing up on my part) of my mind for the betterment of my being. Here I become a JR., a defining point in college, travel to be challenged and search to discover that missing part of my life.
