Thursday, April 29, 2004

I'm up!
It was good to sleep in my own bed last night :) Don't get me wrong, I've been sleeping on the couch the last few days because of work and work. Still had to get up early but despite all the work and work, I've come to re-reazile that work's not all there is to college (and again, life).

I was thinking...
Who am I? Or rather, what do I need (or want right now) to grow, to develop, to at least be at a place where I'm not slidding backwards? Had an interview with Carla yesterday (not exactly the best time since I was zoning out more than half the time), and one question she asked was what I would need or expect from my supervisor. Hmm....how to answer without sounding too dependent or independent. But anyhow, I'm trying out new stuff, and hey, if I don't get it, I've got other stuff to do as well. I think each experience I have leads me to find who I am and where I should be heading. Life has so many options we're spoilt. Yet, there's this ego in us that just wants to be told what to do. BUt it's good to know that I really cannot go wrong, unless intentionally, or clearly going against my moral guide. And I believe that He will not let me go. Life's full of ups and downs, mistakes, it's just a matter of what you do with them.

And I found out today what I lacked was support. My backbone, my spine. But then I thought, maybe I'm just looking for it at the wrong place. And I think I'm onto something, hehe. Cause I do have support, and I have alwaya had support, from places and people I never realized and perhaps even pushed away. But much is still there, and I thank God that He had me see what I could not before. And for the people that never gave up on me, and made me more than I knew I was. Their support made me. My primary supoprt system is not physically close to me now. Maybe that's why I don't enwrap myself in it as well, sometimes, I need things right in front of me, kinda like Piaget's object permenence, in an adult-like way. Maybe that's why I feel like I lack it here. But if none can deliver it here, I don't think it wise either to take one and demand more than can be given.

PSYC 322 class. I love it. It's not just a class, it's life learning in there.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home