I have successfully abstained from blogging, in action but unfortunately not in mind. It's the impulse to write. Even though the childhood dream of becoming a brilliant writer by 15 did not quite work out, writing still is my fruit smoothie, my chocolate, my cool breeze and green grass, my gelato, my midnight stroll along the river-in-city, my starry night sky, my chow kuey teow. (PS. Malaysian food and vacation donations very welcomed).
So today yah...
Today I had advising, and bonded with my profs in a freak-out session, in which one told me :D to go have an appointment with the Broene Counseling Center. Yes, I love my profs, furreal. My profs are such fun people to talk to, and I highly appreciate their support in their smiles, cheerleading and personal college trauma testimonies.
When I'm down, it's always good to know there are people supporting me, and believing in me. Especially cool people who are way up there on the personality, atittude, spiritual, and/or worldly :) success scale. Sometimes I get to close, murking up the water that I can't see how different plans are in action, building my life. Sometimes I just want to stop time, and pick out the pieces, organize everything into compartments that I can tackle one at a time, but then the Absolutes I know say it's all possible...all I have to do is quit being paralyzed and actually do something useful! Yes, while I have enough answers 'for a better life,' I also need belief that motivates and causes action. That's when the cool people's presence come in: they give me the emotional support I need. Boosts confidence and all those positive stuff. So thank you to all who have supported me, whether knowingly or unknowingly, the list is too long to write out.
And...
I am reminded of a new tradition me and Benny started last summer :)
With all the schoolwork, job search, approaching GRE and grad school applications, we go a bit nuts in the head. So, me and Benny did what me and some other unfortunate friends of mine did last summer...we stood on the Calvin skywalk and waved to the cars travelling below us. Many waved back! Someone said I shouldn't do that, cause it's dangerous for the driver to wave and be distracted from driving. Good point, but I figure they get distracted anyhow, and part of driving is being able to handle mutiple distractions/stimuli at once without driving recklessly, and the road below us is a long straight road, so any car passing by would have us naturally in thier field of vision without glancing upwards/taking their eyes off the road at a certain distance from the bridge (and could see us perfectly well). And I think waving to those stressed out people on the road (traffic jam, back from work, going to work, traffic fumes, etc.) brightens up thier day :) I mean, if you're having a crappy day, and these seemingly crazy folk smile and wave at you, you'll have to but pull a smile yourself...and research shows that by merely using those muscles that cause a smile can make one feel happy as well, even for a brief moment.
And it's great fun for us, a study break. Me and Benny got a tip of a cowboy hat (that's our fave so far), an out of the window full arm wave (ok, so this one here is dangerous), many hand-on-steering-wheel-waves, many grins and a double finger flick (it was a young not-nice male). Most that waved were young adults and men. It is sad to say that the women seem to be less friendly.
And this was a real booster for me to know that I'm not entirely lousy a saleperson...although I do not get results from trying to influence others into buying some product, or coming to some event, I did get Benny hooked on this Calvin Crossings Courtesy Call (CCCC), and she had lots of fun despite "having so much to do."
OK, better get back to work.
