Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Sometimes I don't even know why I maintain, or rather, try to maintain a blog. My life is personal enough that I do not want to broadcast it in cyberspace, and yet I love to write. Paper is not helping either, I have four, no five separate journals with a chunk of journals in each one, leaving huge gaps in the timeline.

This is me talking after reading an exellent blog, or rather one that was written by what I think has delicious style in word choice and imagination. Yes, I was browsing from one blog to the blog by random clicking of the mouse, in my un-intentions to avoid my homework. I knew having internet connection on the computer was a bad idea...but then again, how could I ever get easy access for research materials and webmail and professional correspondence?

Two more week, rather a week and a half left to finals. It chills me to think of this. Paper and exam galore. And this year, work as well. I barely end this year without starting the next. I'm going to spend a worse Christmas break oncampus because of my insistance to not focus day and night on school and my future schools. Perhaps the few days before and after Christmas itself will be exellent. Oh well, with a phone in hand, Christmas might not be so bad after all.

Dani is going to France next semester, actually, leaving this interim. Boohoo. Really. I will miss her. I also cannot erase that one feeling I had when I trudged up rue Belleville and saw that piece of spray paint art. The building itself, while in use, was half crumbling, and that design stood out. Plainly, it was colorful, and Paris was not. It was daring and captivating, it depicts the face of a man amidst a swirl of colors. It not even that good, perhaps it reminded me of Hungary and the gloriously defacing graffiti that covered every flat surface imaginable. The image is fading from my memory, but the feeling that gripped me then still remains; it is strange to feel without a clear image in mind, eventually my mind will make up one I suppose to fill in the missing pieces, to give myself a reason that explains the emotion. The vibrance of life I felt while travelling is fading as well. Reality, duties, responsibilities are widening the gap between reality and free spirit. But isn't life about merging passions with responsibilities?

This generation mimics the shadow of a generation in the past. Free-thinking, rebellion, Bohemian. It is freeing, but at the same time, confines us within that race to be free.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home