Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Back to Budapest again. We arrived at the dorms at about 10 pm tonight, a day earlier than planned. Good thing too cause if not, that would have meant another day of straight travelling. We found a train that took us straight to Budapest from Graz, but with a 4 minute stopover at a station somewhere in Austria (yeah...). It costed a whooping 33.30 Euro and we got fined Ft 1000 (plus the Ft 320 train ticket) for not having the right ticket on the second leg of the journey...very bad when we didn't know the language, nor were we told the train ticket was only valid for within Austria. But after dropping tons of pounds and euros, Ft 1000 seemed like very little. It is wonderful to be back in Hungary where everything is dirt cheap compared to Western Europe. The break seems like a whirlwind of a dream now that it is over. Can't believe I actually fufil my Ireland dream and went to London. The place we stayed at in London was actually the college/seminary where Calvin's Britain semester is home-based. A very conducive environment and very nice. I would recommend the Britain semester. Much has occured in the past days, but now I am light-headed and too worked up about coming back, all the school work and exams, seeing all the people bacl together and unpacking. I learnt a lot about living I think and am more aware of the maturing, or perhaps, more aptly, the discovering of the world I live in. Will journal about the trip, hopefully, by the time the weekend if over.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home