Sunday, October 05, 2003

Sunday and my analytical journal is on a stand still. My mind refuses to budge from its state of boredom and think critically. I need mind stimulation, but no more books! I need to chat, Nate's a good person to get riled up (in a good sense) about stuff, but he's having a jolly good time in France now. Danielle, Jill's cousin went back this afternoon, missing the baths, which I have yet to go to as well.
I found a church nearby, the Danube International Church, it being mostly build for families involved in missions and the like. Typically most English-speaking churches here are local-mission based, or having to do with English-speaking, church-going, business people. The Danube International was rather homey, having mostly missionaries, or people that move around a lot, the people were very friendly. The MK lifestyle is becoming more and more familiar to me, after getting to know MKs in Calvin. They had P&W, sermon, the basics, very much like Harvest in MI, but no hymns.
It is interesting how Hungary, being significantly Reformed, or at least religious in one point in time is now just a word. Europe is very tired, in my opinion when it comes to matters of religion...it is an age old issue here and too familiar to be bothered with.
I'm glad there is such a thing as church. I find that I need to go back to the basics, be reminded and return to the core about what's important and not. Things seem clearer, or at least I am put more at ease. It is easy for me to wander and be piled upon with all these similar, pardoxial, and simply varied thinkings that I can't find the connections or understand what there is to be understood. Everything starts to sound plausible, until I return and hear one or another sermon or song where the people of God gather and am relieved. I used to sigh at the thought of church...so much politics and complexities and sometimes the people themselves turns me away in disgust. I could argue that the Church exist by the existance of people to run the church, being the body of Christ. But then, being the body of Christ, it is the representation of Christ on earth, and therefore partly divine--that's why I think that no matter how corrpt a church, there still dwells God, within, or calling for the people of the church to return to Him.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home