Tuesday, October 07, 2003

=>
Let's see...after going thru this blog and trying to savage some kinda journal to give in this Thursday, I find that all is empty, void of any thing of much importance of long significance. I do regret losing that analytical journal. I suppose if no one pushes me, I don't record down anything which I can look foundly back upon and sigh over those days of youth. So let me begin attempting to fill this empty blog:
This weekend, while everyone was in Paris, I hung around the dorm, being bored. Actually, it was the weekend to do homework, but judging from the amount of papers I still have to do, not much was done. Becky was rather anxious to be able to say she did something of worth this weekend, and I was in great need to escape from the white walls of the dorms, so we went off to find a thermal bath and then, find a cafe and enjoy a good cuppa fancy coffee and cake. We overshot the tram stop that had the baths...it was quite a walk, but we found and went thru a nice hilly park on the way. The Rac baths we closed...for the year...apparently the guidebook needs updating. So, then I wanted to go to Kis Pipa, a cafe that had supposedly live piano music. It was across the Danube and a ways up north. We decided to eat Chinese at Wang's Etterem since it was close by and we were getting pretty hungry and it was one fo the cheapest places to eat Chinese (basic dish for 330-500 Ft), then take a turnabout and go to Calvin Cafe, which is a ton nearer than Kis Pipa. But it was cold and every cafe had a bar inside which I did particularly like because of the smoke and greetings you get from every male there. So, we went to another cafe that looked kinda cozy, but they had no cake there :( oh well. And then Becky showed me a great place that sold all kinda cakes and desserts a stop after Kalvin Ter in the subway. There was some guy there standing, reading from, what looks like the Bible, in Hungarian. He looked like he was preaching some kinda jeremiad speech and was begging for money. It was rather curious.
Anyhow, we didn't do anything we originally planned to do, but I did get to hang with Becky, who is rubbing off on me more and more, I'm relieved to say.

Papers came back today from culture class, and I am pleasantly surprised to get As on both. One of them was the first draft, not edited cause of the lack of time (yeap, that was the paper that caused me my analytical journal, dang disk had to be reformatted), and not at all coherent to me. The other had a factual mistake in it. But I am glad. I think I just needed to get the feel of things, what is to be expected adn the like. The semester is already at the halfway point, yet I feel like there is so much I want to do and has to be done. I still haven't quite grasped and soaked up Hungary. I am very glad to be here...and oh, One of Laura's friends, who lived on Mosaic Floor last year is also going on the Swiss interim, Lily, I think. And Melisa replied...she says that she'll come up to London to visit...exciting! I am still nervous about meeting her...after all, I haven't seen her at all since Grade 2! And it'll be both our b-days when we visit...well, a wekk apart for both.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home