Wednesday, December 01, 2004

My two kids were wonderful today. Both were at school, which made me very happy to begin with, and the one that I usually have problems turned into an angel. I never felt so happy then now... I'm not such a ineffective parental/adult/authoritative figure after all; it just takes time and effort to gain their attention and respect and cooperation. And I should also explain that they are not my kids per se, but are my research assignments...calling them kids, and my kids distinguishes them from other assignments and just sounds a lot more humane. And I do practise baby-sitting/mothering skills here anyhow. And speaking of kids,

my last sessions with my other kid ended last week :( and thus, ending my joy of seeing the cute little darling's smile and antics. I'm still trying to figure out the boundaries between professional and friend, you are both with an agreement, but once the time period of that agreement ends, as student and thus, uncertified SLP, what kind of relationship is appropriate post-agreement? I still wonder about what I should have done in a similar situation previously. The mum had told me to call them anything, but should I have? And the family was simply wonderful. At times I feel like I cannot remain in close contact with the family for professionalism's sake (but is it?) and yet I also feel that I'm losing relationships that teach and enrich my life.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home