Yesterday a couple of senior speechies went over to our professor's for lunch and simply to hang out. Read poetry, was fun, I suppose it was rather revealing in ways. Time passed quickly and I spend the whole afternoon there, missing my time for appplication-doing. Needless to say, the weekend went by really quickly. I enjoyed the time to see the other girls. I learnt one or two things I didn't really care about before: girls talk a lot, a lot about lots of things that I don't quite remember after a lot of talk. Another thing I noticed is that SPAUD at Calvin is very much North American, well, USA-concerned and everything revolves around what goes within the US. And in ways I suppose this is because language is very geographically contained. Nyela came up. I got a little shock when it was mentioned. No one knew her, except as another student in a class from some time ago, so I guess no one thought to be cautious or gentle. I guess it was abrupt and that brought up memories back without warning. I didn't know how much it would irk me until I was leaving later to go to Juice's with Dave when I realized, hey, I was not excited even though I had looked forward to eating Haitian food and seeing Juice with Jona. Couldn't tell Dave though; he was closer to her than I was.
That was yesterday. Today I realized something else...I love how random thoughts just float up in my mind at the most random times. Bits and pieces of the Me Puzzle. I was in class, and thinking about how love of each other brings people closer to God, or bring them further away from Him; the concept working both ways. And then the dilemma that I've had over the course of the interim kinda sorted itself out, wahlah :) It was peace for me.
I need a break. Had not really had one since school began in August of last year. Actually, even further back than that. I need a change in scenery. So, planned to go to the Abbey this weekend. Almost a dream. Can't wait.
