Aiya, so long never blog lah.
But then I've been a bum...I have not had soooo much spare time on my hands since I-don't-know-when. I was rather annoyed at that, I don't like to waste time now that I realized how precious and short time is *sob* Ah but, forget about the naive sentiments that mark my "younger" days. I still lie around and wilt in the hot humid weather here back home. Yes, I'm back in M'sia and wonder how I did live happily in the hot humidity for 17 past years. But back to the bum strand...I have delayed emailing contacts, in fact, I've been rather monk-ish since I got back. I do have to get on to solidifing plans for August onward...at times I think how sad it is that I have to plan for the long term, I rather like spontaneity.
I was rather apprehensive, coming home. I just didn't know the extent of how outside-ly I would see things (yes, things is still a word I cannot rid myself of). I found out, rather startlingly, that I've become somewhat, more, Americanized that I had expected. I knew I had changed, but Americanized is not the change I had expected...but then again, what else could it be, since America was where I was for the past very few years? I forgot favorite topics of conversation, how intensely amazing which restaurant in what specific town had the best XYZ dish, how, ok, ok I must stop saying/writing this..., but I had forgot the roads, what links to where, etc., the language, oh dear! It is devastatingly awful how broken my BM is now and how slow it comes to mind that I should speak BM after English is not understood, and how shrunken my Cantonese vocab has become (and I forget about Mandarin altogether). But...but, I have discovered my love for Malaysian food! The sight of the variety makes me weep, and all the wonderful distinct tastes stirs up lively somethings in my mind just to think of the potential, say, party in my mouth. Aduh hai.
It's been a harrowing long semester, that is now over. My last semester at Calvin College. Oh, I do love the school. I do want to stay on, but I think it is good I graduated and am ready to move on. I only pray that I will not forget the lessons I learned there and will continue to enrich my mind, not slack off and only focus on the academics. Surely my next two years of study will be intensified but something in me tugs towards discipline to time that will enable me to, a) have daily quiet time with God and then some more, b) actively participate in some Christian fellowship ground, c) volunteer (a.k.a. service-learn, I still insist that voluinteering is a lifestyle and should be more than it's conventional definition), d) have social fun, e) eat and sleep in a healthy manner. Hmm...when writing is all down, it does seem more daunting than I imagined...but it all seems to me to be very good to be/have.
