Monday, September 19, 2005

Last weekend was the most eventful weekend since I been at Mt. Pleasant. Not usually something to go ga-ga or agog over, but plenty so if you've been here for weekends that seem to never end and you even wish it was time to start the week again and go for classes.
First, I went to church. And yes, that counts as an event to me now. That was eventful because I met up with MJ, Andy, Alison and Mel (a new one for me) after the service, and after an unexepected invitation from the pastor (or church leader, I'm not sure what they call who what), we had lunch there...was very entertaining...pastor was very cool...it's pretty amazing how he knows who's new and actually talks to them for more than a minute.
Next, I went ice skating for the first time in my life that I can remember! I did go some time before when I was three or something, but have no recollection of ever being on the ice. Soooo, officially, this is my first time! FINALLY, after 4 years in a snow-ridden state. Emma and I went, mostly because Emma wanted to talk to the guy there about joining the ice hockey leagues :) and me, just out of overwhelming curiousity of what an ice skating rink looks like and how Emma would skate and how badly I would actually be on ice. I could actually stand up! That was the accomplishment for me that day, the rest of the hour, Emma pretty much lead me around the rink, me trying not to run into the kids everywhere. That was very exciting!
Oh, and to backtrack a day, I went to the gym for the first time in my life as well! This has really been a weekend of first-times...feels good, feels like a child just exploring, like how it's talked about in textbooks about child development. So, I finally stepped into a gym, and I spent about 30 secs on each machine before pooping out...found out I prefers the weights, hated the treadmill and quite agreed with the glidey-running-but-not-really machine. I also got a abdomen-ache, feeling of mild vertigo and air-filled ears...much like how I feel after I spend incredible long hours on a plane. So embarassingly, I had to call Emma, cut short the gym routine and head for home, whereby, I sat on the couch and ate and watch TV. But to be sure, I am slowly but surely evolving into a more active person under the positive and badly-needed influence of my healthy sporty roommie, Emma.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home