Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'm back in the US, say, since the the latter half of August. The summer passed by quickly, as usual. I spend the last week moving from GR up to Mt. Pleasant and now orientation has started and as quickly, ended (well, in a few hours time to be exact). CMU is very different in aims and philosophy compared to Calvin and that was expected. What did not expect is how much I protest against these ideas, policies, etc. The people are nice enough, particularly those higher up and in the international office. But how different the international office and system here is! The feeling of family is not strong and rather clickish (well, I suppose it's everywhere). Overall, orientation was simply listening to talks and more talks. People didn't seem as eager to get to know others, rather it was sitting every other seat and no turning around, etc. I found that rather odd for an orientation. I'm not going to write down anything else about my experience here thus far in the hopes of forgetting them or perhaps, 'rose-color' them with time. But truly, this is a better higher edu. than one at home and I will learn here...so fulfilling the main reason why I came here. My sis came up with me to help me move in...thank goodness for her!

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home