Sunday, January 15, 2006

sermon

Christians with shallow foundations (ref: the man who built his house upon the rocks/sand) shows signs of this, e.g. not tithing, not serving in chuch; even though they may apppear to be doing all the 'right' things in church (e.g. seem to be worshipping, showing on the happy face). Is this true? My first thought was but I'm on financial aid and a very tight budget (for tithing), it this a valid excuse? That statement about shallow foundations really hit me in church today cause that describes me, well, sometimes. I do give when I actually have cash in my wallet, but that's not often. But on my drive home, I thought, yeah, you know, maybe I do not have an excuse and shy-ness and fear of the unknown is not an excuse to not serve (I've been thinking alot of how to, but never did it), taking a risk (so to others this may not seem like it, but it is to me, so there). As for tithing, I will not start doing it regularly just becauase I feel guilty not to, because it's not the actual action of it that counts, but the heart of the person in that giving, be it regular giving or not.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home