Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Million Dollar Question

The question everyone asks me these days is "so what are you planning to do with this degree/after graduation?" I laugh, and say "go on to a PhD and stay in school forever so that I won't have to decide" or go deep and say "probably work for a year to gain experience [yes, in the US, yes, it's better to get experience here, yes, one year OPT] and then do a PhD [yes, it will be very useful, *nods modestly* yes, there is a great need]." And then I realize, that half the people that I tell this to are professors and if I do do a PhD, will become my collegues. Yikes!

If I do do a PhD, I do want to go back. If I don't, I do want to go back eventually. I guess now that I have written this done, I see myself eventually going back, just a matter of how may years til then.

But all I really want in the end, is...
for me to know, and you to find out :P

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home