God is great
I have somewhat an answer. God is great. He is above all things. My roommate had a simple solution, yet very helpful, to the problem at work: pray. More specifically, ask Aunty (our mentor and 'elder') to pray cause things just work better when she prays =) Again, I am reminded of His sovereignty and greatness. Nothing is impossible with God and nothing is too difficult for Him. I am overwhelmed by how much pain there is and I think about it in itself, and I forget that God is creator, the one who knows all things and is above all things. He is in control, and will work within us, the situation is we ask Him to. I still get anxious about how things are going to work out in the individual lives of the little ones I work with now, knowing the demongraphics and probable outcomes in the years to come. And yet, there is hope. The only hope for change, for miracles, that's hope in God. On another note, it's very good to know that at least some things I do in therapy are the right things to do, and I am learning something!!! I'll finally get something done good as an SLP! Thank God that He's in control.
