Can You Drink The Cup?
I was at Borders, in London, close to that old club...I forget it's name, but it's the one that hosts artists that are not yet famous/close to be so, and show potential of becoming really really popular. Rosie Thomas was playing there that night. I didn't know much about her then, heard her music, a whole 30 seconds of it, only once before. I didn't go. I opted to stay, wandering around the streets of London in the night. Now, come to think of it, that was not so smart...I wandered into dark and lonely alleys more than once, but then, it was all an adventure...getting lost and sensing the excitement of not knowing what's coming around the corner, usually it's something very interesting and new. Found my way to Borders, back to the busyness area. Les Miserables was playing just up the street. I stationed myself in the 'Religion' section. Found Henry Nouwen, positioned myself cross legged on the floor, Nouwen was on the 2nd shelve from the bottom. Can You Drink The Cup? Creative Ministry. Beyond the Mirror. Life of the Beloved. The Road to Daybreak. The Wounded Healer.--those I browsed through. All Things New. I was on The Return of the Prodigal Son when an elderly gentleman stopped right next to me, I moved to make way in the aisle. Instead he bent down and asked what I was reading. Somehow we got to Christianity and Jesus. He did not know who Jesus was, heard of him, but that's about it. I could not believe it. He thought Christinity had to do with Taoism...must be maybe because he saw I'm Chinese. In this day and age, in London, this was a man, looked about 60, that had never heard about Jesus. Musta been pulling my leg. But he ask questions that were so...secular...so European-like. I hardly knew where to begin, and that's just what happened, nothing. We talked about history, linguistics and Eygptology. But not the most important subject of all. What's his name...Tom from Liverpool. I gave him the historical rundown of Christianity, but not the heart of the religion. I can't shake that night. Keep coming back to it, it's more than 3 years now. I remember his mannerisms, actions, accent, facial expressions.

daddy has lotsof Henri Nouwen books . Published in Asia, sold in the catholic bkstore in Section 5 at very cheap price.