Monday, February 26, 2007

Baaaa Baaa

I was reading John Stott's Why I am a Christian and on Chapter 1, I realized that I am that one sheep, and it was the best realization I ever had in a while. The one sheep from Luke where it has this parable about the shepard leaving the 99 sheeps to look for the lost one sheep, and then the rejoicing over one who was lost than 99 saved (humans...). I always read that passage when I was younger (and therefore know it well, and therefore did not read it much in latter years) and thought, oh, great, I'm already saved since I grew up in a Christian home, and there isn't as much rejoicing over me as others. So yeah, I was a self centered kid. But now I know I am that one lost sheep and have been found!!! It's awesome!!! Stott talks about the Hound of Heaven, and the persistence of the shepard to find that one sheep came together with that idea. There is rejoicing in heaven when I follow Christ, and turn away from sin, and gradually grow closer to Him...and that is life-giving. I am that sheep!!!

1 Blogback:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The great heavenly host rejoices for they know the significance of it all. the parents rejoices even tho they accept by faith that their child said the sinner's prayer.
I marvelled too that the 'Hound of Heaven' didnt give up on me and went all out to redeem me with all those unworthy feelings. I am glad you found out too. That's another reason to rejoice all over again.
love u

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home