Monday, August 11, 2003

The weekend has been quite an eventful, or rather packed and tiring weekend. Moved into the wrong apartment again. But I am finally relatively unpacked and settled into my real apartment. It was quite dirty inside, fixtures broken and stuff, was pretty burned up about because I was tired and still am. But the more I am in it, the better it looks.
Johnny's was crazy this week, the busiest of the whole summer, I would think. But it was super fun, the rush, the banter, the fooling around. But then, I got transferred to Spoelhof for this week, the final week of work, and I won't get to finish it off at Johnny's :C The guys aren't bad and it's rather interesting to be around them. Hmm...went to Sabina's and Hannah's 21st party on Saturday...was interesting and there was a lot of laughter. The couple that hosted us were really nice, and it was gratifying to see the beauty in them. Ah, these MKs and MK ppl!
As before, moving was stressful and I think it got on everyone's nerves. I hope all gets worked out and things would be overlooked, or even better forgiven and forgotten. I realized then that I had changed quite a bit in the way I approach tangled situations. I just don't think so much about it with emotion, but rather see the brighter side and the scale of gravity in it, in seemingly simple standards. I measure it against losing a person physically, Adolf Hitler, the cross, and I think of how short a time we have here and how much there is to do and see and think about and how beautiful the world it and how great God has been to us (or me, since I can only know myself there) and in the end, how insignificant everything is. I feel like a simpleton, but I think there's more to it. I just need to get in a rational and empatetic side into it I suppose. Okay.
Apartment! Went to Meijer's to pick up stuff for the apartment...wow, I coulda just boguht everything needed. Stores are really into this back to school sales. Everything you could want for a dorm room and everything else connected to school/life. More excitingly, I'm going to get a couch this Wednesday!!! I'm just loving this moving into my own apartment, i.e. space and decorating it my way. But of course I do remember the three other roommates that are coming *grin* OH gosh...I am tired...have been going from one job to the next. I do need to recuperate.
Oh, I finally got my driver's test done and now am 99% a full fledged driver. Just need to get the actual license. Jonny was really nice to practise and get to the test center with me. He was even more gung-ho about it than me (guilty). I rediscovered kindness that always leaves me in wonderment and thankfulness. Amazing how different people can be.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home