This is crazy...I keep checking my email every other minute to see if there's some good news about my flights...but nothing's happening. I havta finish my midterm.
Anyhow, the group went on the National Museum tour, lead by the art history prof, Dora Salley.It was quite interesting, and again, we heard the Hungarian history, but this time a more realistic view was given, in my humble opinion. The era of Communism was of course gone thru as well. Communism is a huge matter here, and almost everything is tainted by it. I never felt as close to this ideology as now, and I dread reading or looking at anything to do with it...it starts to bug me. Issues come to life when you are in contact with it, the people that suffered under the rule, the buildings, the emotions. We're going to Krakow the first weekend of November. I'm not quite sure what I'll be learning there or what I will take away. The poignancy of the concentration camp(s) there seems not enough and perhaps there is something specific that I'm looking for.
I am very tempted to buy a backpack for future backpacking trips. The semester break was excruiating with pulling along a carry-on luggage case everywhere.
