Am I sarcastic? Am I always joking and never serious? But then again, I am so at times, but do people not me perceive this? Or am I often misunderstood? I often live up/down to that expectation of people who think not being a native English speaker means a lower understanding of the intricities of the language. I just do it, after all, when I surprise them, they still don't get it. I think it's hard to separate the not being able to communicate part with the intelligence scale. How does one present themselves? How does one show what they know, what they think, how they think but with words? Of course, granted, there's the nonverbal. But that is not enough, words give far more at once, in few than any other form. I suppose am what I am, and too bad if you don't know try to find out the real me (Big hint: I don't take hints very well, be direct). And I suppose I shouldn't act the way they assume I am...but it's funny to see the reaction. Hehe..ok, I'll be nice. But I think that a person's losing out a lot by not getting to know another. There's so many people I want to get to know yet so little time. Hmm...so here's another reason why population control is vital :P
Feather-brained
I've been having a wonderful peaceful time reading "The Scarlet Letter" and "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" and listening to Norah Jones at the same time, facing my room's wonderfully huge window (It covers the whole one side of the wall). And then he decides to come in and talk me to a stuttering silence again. So it is fun, but when I get cut off while trying to make a point (thru his stubborn head) once too many a time, he's having all the fun (good for him) and I feel like a, to put it not so delicately, an overheated pressure cooker, wanting to say a ton but can't cause he is after all, a boy with a one-track mind--to be a high profiled lawyer and indeed, having the mind and ability all over for it. Man, to have his mind! Dude. I think I'm going to start calling him Nathaniel, Nate's too funky a nick for him.
