Tuesday, November 04, 2003

The hype about Matrix Revolution is all here. Paul was excited to know they Hungary would be (therefore, we) viewing the Matrix 6 hours before the US does (time zone differences perks). I don't see why we have to see it "first." Not on my urgent list. The only reasons why I would go to the cinema is: One, the cinemography, filming is way cool and you'll want that kinda big screen and good sound system; two, to hang out with friends, even if watching the movie itself is not social.

I haven't hung out with the group, or anyone for that matter since the break was over. It was paper after paper, but yesterday evening put an end to this all. I had class, and all the necessary schoolwork was done. Now I still have more but can be done with a day or two leeway. I am trying to give up on that intense playing, intense studying routine and spread things out a little. But I need total concentration on work, and my last paper's grade really bugged me...I've already setting my goal for a 4.0, yick! So I turn into a hermit, dissappearing into the computer lab and my room until everything's done, oblivious to the world around me, and then emerge when I do. Then the world has changed and I forget, or catch up. It's funny how fast you can be out of the loop. But there's always my understanding, ready to un-muddle me roommates :) As much as I'm like a kid who looks up to the big "koukou" and "jeje," and enjoys bugging them, I do like my peer, younger than roommies :) and glad I'm rooming with them.
So yeah, I bumped into Janos yesterday while in the library and me confused whether he was him or his twin brother, we chatted and it was nice getting to know him better, he has big dreams I think. We came back to the dorm so to get the book for class (the Hungarian students have to share one among ten of them, and that's just not right) and he left after that. Then, it was reading for pleasure--Maya Angelou's "I know why the caged birds sing," which is something that never can happen in a regular Calvin routine--so am very happy about that. Bought pork for stir-fry, which turned out to be meat for stew...I had a chewy dinner. I do need to get some real simple good recipes...those that use little and cheap ingrediance. And then, while some emailed, others watched Schindler's List, a bunch of us played as Laura calls it and I concur, Rich Man Poor Man, and Deadly Circle or something like that. That's when I found out how loud and rowdy Nate and Paul could be. I can't lie and say I wasn't surprised.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home