Thursday, November 06, 2003

It's off to Krakow today. We have been gearing up for the trip...the Jewish synagogue tour, the museum--the former ghetto area of the Jews during WWII and after. "Fateless" and me reading all those Holocaust stories for, if you will, fun. I don't quite know what to do with all this information.
Yesterday was the opening of the Matrix Revolution...the first show sold out, (yeah, of course) so the remainer of us who came late got 9 pm tickets. I got my hari cut short (Finally!)..went to the Gellert after hearing that guys's cut was about Ft 2000, so the girl's would probably be not much more, but wow, I was wrong, so I walked backwards along Bela Bartok road, and then asked for prices from the many salons there. But it was getting way late (Matrix appointment), so I just went into a more empty one and between a interpreter, magazine pictures and hand signs, I got my hairdo...ok, people say they like it, so, it's either that, or they're being nice...I think it rots. But I'll survive. So yesterday was kinda unproductive in a sense, but I got to see WestEnd Center, the mall where the cinema is and also the one that has, as so kindly pointed out by Andrew, a waterfall inside donated by Canada to the people of Hungary. Hmm...still trying to figure out what the relationship between the two countries are. We got Mexican food for dinner and walked around the Parliment area shaving time off little by little. And back to the mall again at ngiht for the show. Wow...but not as wow as the first one. This one was more diverse in langauge, theme and scene I think. I still don't get the philosophical message the movie makers are trying to convey but the action sequences were way great. The Neo misfortune was heart wreaching to some I suppose but I forget, the ending. Did he die (or is this a faux pas to even mention this possibility?)? Was very ready to head back to the dorm and sleep by the end of the movie. As with many other good movies, Andrew sat in seemingly shock after the movie was done, in the dark of the cinema. Daniel is the more calm-looking one I suppose. A drunk guy on the tram was kinda weird and kept bumping all over the tram, and hit my shin. Didn't hurt but then he started rambling off a ton of words in Hungarian and I couldn't think of "never mind," or a "it's ok" to get him to stop. So I said the nearest proper thing to say that I knew...he finally got off the tram, still talking, and I said "Szia,"--good bye. I felt I should smile cause he was incessantly.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home