Thursday, November 27, 2003

Happy American Thanksgiving! I love to eat potatoes but want to hate them...I was in charge of the potatoes for the Thanksgiving meal at the professor's house today. Regretted for some time not buying the ingredients and starting some prep. the night before. Rushed to the Sterks' early, (15 minutes earlier) and still was one of the last ones to finish up. I never made so much potatoes at once...feeding 20 college-aged students...it was like a feeding frenzy. I tried to do some cutting and stuff in the dorm kitchen, very bad idea since everyone else was making their dish (Ben and Jef made stuffing...was the best dish in my opinion)...potato peeler was blunt and so was the knife. Going to the Sterks' had a very calming effect on me, cause no one else was there (until everyone else came, in which I started feeling cramped again)...I was in a very bad mood, but once I gave up on the potatoes and said people could eat them raw and crunchy 'n creamy (like peanut butter), I began to feel very happy and all ready for Thanksgiving fun. The meal was great even though there wasn't enough seats and me and Jen sat at a different make-shift table. Eric bawak empat belas botol arak, kelakar betul, tapi si Anii 'tersilap' jadi mabuk. Mengecewakan betul, lepas apa yg si dia kata. After chocolate-stuffed dumplings, ice-cream and apple crisp, we went back to the dorms. I went out again to walk along the Danube and climb Gellert Hill...it was dark and beautiful. The view was great. I needed to think...I was and still am worried about the Christmas break plans, bookings, meetings, people and such. Got back, decided against going out and stayed talking (mostly listening) to Janelle, Port, Becky, Natalie and one sick Anii. Wanted to apologize for being mean to Anii, but people were always around. Did inform that I wanted to talk, but don't think Anii cares.
Kim is in Ireland now...miss her already. erica, Allison, Paul and Beth in Athens, eating 'lobster for Thanksgiving' as Paul says.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home