Wednesday, November 26, 2003

"Love alone is not enough to be a poet."
-Kallay Katalin, my Lit. prof. on E.A. Poe.

We've been doing poems in Lit class nowadays and I realize how much more there is to poetry and how a person can be obsessed with poetry reading and soak in the words of one inspired. There is so much meaning that can be described in poems, expressing fully what cannot be articulated otherwise. I like them all. I don't like many poets styles but I cannot ignore the meaning and intrepretion of their works...it's captivating.

I also enjoy Anthony Hopkin's "Meet Joe Black." I think it's the one movie that I pay more attention to the dialogue that goes on there...good quotes. My fave:
"...an ounce of excitement,...a whisper of a thrill. I want you to get swept away. I want you to levitate. I want you to sing with wrapture and dance like a dervish...be deliriously happy, or at least leave yourself open to be...I know, it's a cornball thing, but love is passion, obsession, something you can't live without."

I also am going through a lot of headache. Travel plans, schoolwork, scholarship applications, paperwork, events. I need to get things in line. And it's tough right now.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home