Nyela's memorial was this morning. Faith was a word used much, and mourning but not without hope was the phrase. And that was true, as much as there were tears, it was a celebration of life, her life. It was my goodbye to her, I know I will see her again but still I couldn't handle seeing the pictures of her put together--I looked away from some, smiled at others remembering the moments. The last time I saw her kept playing in my mind. Her parents' words rang clear and impressed my mind. They struck me as very strong and the father's firm words and presence amazed me. One thing that hit home was how a thousand years can be a day, and a day can be a thousand years for the Lord. Nyela had just turned 22 but her life was complete. The Lord neither gives extra nor less, but gives us the complete number of our days. Death does not wait til we finish our degree. Kairos, not chronos time ultimately judges a person's life passage. Her life may have not appeared to be complete, much could have been experienced, but all passes away with death and we leave all behind when we go leave this world. Death is but a means to a better life, a perfect life with God. The strength of their faith and the people that surrounded Nyela stirs great hope, the reminder that we are not really at home, but home awaits us in the presence of God.
Nyela now in the Lord's presence; may her passing be not in vain, but build up the lives of those she left behind with the testimony of her life while on Earth.
