I'm back. I think I'm getting too lazy, blah. My bane. I think if I can overcome this, I have conquered the world and I will be content. But enough of complaining, which never gets me anywhere.
It's Wes' birthday today (happy birthday babybro)...all grown up, well, a little. But he'll always be the youngest one in body but old in spirit, haha :)
It's funny how change always occurs and being in tune with it is often the best way to live. It's the dirt when good things do come to an end, when change arrives and the new just doesn't seem to match up. But then, looking back, the last was always better, or as we shall say, i-wouldn't-have-traded-that-experience, whether good or otherwise. And it always it's-funnys me how much I keep re-realizing how 'the other' oriented people are, in a specific way--the more we give, the more we benefit. In, say, losing out, we gain in ways not planned for, exponentionally. And then, how difficult it is to get in the habit of doing so. I think what's hard to get is the practise of the other is a lifestyle, a skill that is subconscious, a habit. And we really need other people, the more we look to ourselves, the more cut off from others we are, the less we become.
I got to hang out with JooEun a few days ago, and unusually, we tossed a few words that meant a lot--we aren't the emotional kind together although very sincere. I am blessed by the friendship we have...it's the most untainted one I can think of that I have, no big conflicts, yet I think those will not help in any way. She's very similar to me in terms of our core values, etc. the very being of our being, but very diffirent in expression. We do very different activities, thus, not seeing each other, spare once or twice. She's the first I met at Calvin, and we still feel very close although we never meet. She's the kinda person that Wes mentioned about--both sides understand that although we don't always see each other both understand why; but when we do meet, the bond's just as strong. I am very blessed by her, I think she keeps me in perspective while lifting me up, funny how the balance is. We both changed much over the few short years we knew each other, and I delight in them...it's kinda cool.
