This finals week is the one I'm most unprepared for yet. My exam preparation consist of the morning-of studies. Other times are filled with research work and grad school applications. I hope this will end tonight. At least until finals are over. But positive (or rather, numbed-out) thoughts are in the air, one way or another, for better or for worse, I will get through this week, and through the GRE and hopefully, be happily free-er by mid-January, at the earliest.
My comfort is candy. The place where I usually study/work at (i.e. live at) is the SPAUD research lab and because of a end-of-semester party the girls had last week (I was pleasantly busy at a meeting elsewhere), there's leftover candy in the lab for consumption. So, I eat sugar to keep my mouth happy (word of advice: candy on an empty stomach with less water is not good, especially when there are no plans of eating anything else within the next few hours), and then realize that I have overeaten by an immense headache (My sugar-high means headaches). But really, I am pretty calm, jsut upset that I'm not putting forth my fullest abilities due to the lack of sleep/rest. Boy, I better get into some grad school. Right now, I just want to be accepted with enough financial aid that won't put me in debt. A coupla weeks from now, I'll want to be accepted into all the schools I applied for, and then know that they're all wanting me to come and showing that by offering me financial aid for both tuition and room and board, and what the heck, a stipend in additional to all that. I know things will work out, whether I am aware of it or not, God does have a plan for me, the next step. I am excited, nervously anticipating the what's-next. Who knows what will happen, maybe something else, maybe not even grad school, mabe grad school. Meanwhile, I better feed this body of mine with some healthy food and my soul with the Scriptures.
