Thursday, October 06, 2005

Best things

I think I will think of good stuff so that I'll think in a more rational way, for the sake of survival. I will not apply to other school for next year, I'll persevere, persevere (well, I'm trying cheering myself up). Blessed things that brought tears to my eyes:

-Laurie let the class out an hour early, after a discussion on counseling/emotional-related stuff (i.e. real, and not brain-hurtful). But the gem was her telling us not to rush off to do more work, but to take at least 15 minutes off to go outside and plain relax.
-Laurie asked me how I was (I know, even this can touch my heart like nothing else now).
-Laurie mentioned about the importance of touch in health professionals...and touch is my number one important deal over all else in treatment techniques since a lot of my career-planning was driven by amazing Dr. Paul Brand.
-Clinic with my client is uplifting (what easy-going, smiling child could not lift one's spirits?). And Laurie is a very competent yet kind supervisor.

As you can see, there's a pattern here: Laurie (supervisor and lecturer). She raised the bar on being busy yet being totally there for you when you need her, and taking the initiative to reach out. I am fortunate to have her in my first semester.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home