Saturday, February 11, 2006

Not again: Culinary Adventures

I broke the slow cooker pot again! And it's the last one I've got...and it was a really nice one too! Argh! This time it was those fire-proof cookware that you can put on the stove...I forgot I had it on and by the time I remembered, the kitchen (and the rest of the apartment) was filled with smoke, the fire alarm didn't go off though, so I think that's spoiled. I took the pot off the stove, VERY CAREFULLY placed it in the sink, with smoke billowing out from the cracks, turned on the water to a trickle on warm...but there was a awful crack/pop noise, and I was left with still edible porridge (just not as soupy and black at the bottom, the top parts tasted good though) in a broken pot. :C I don't know why I break pots...I feel very badly about it.
So, again, I'm left with half the parts that can be used, and half that is broken. The next time I get a crockpot, I will get one with the timer (and delayed), auto complete shutdown, and a pot that can be put on the stove.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home