Redondo Beach
I took a walk on the beach at night, then sat and watched the waves crash against the shore, straining my eyes to see as far out to the ocean as I could, watched the stars gleam in the black sky. The sound of the waves, booming echoes from afar and sprays of water nearby. After a while, I get that salty sticky feeling on my face and lips and hair. And I think, I need to leave, never one to like feeling dirty, I never ate with my hands just in case I could get to a tissue or tap in time. But I stayed. I prayed. I can't believe I'm here. I can't believe I can come down to the beach at any time, hear the power of the ocean, feel the cool wind, taste the salty air, at any time. The waves were bigger than I've seen before, probably because it's at night. I can't believe I've come so far, and I delight in it. And then I wonder where all of this is going, I can't see outside the darkness, there is much I don't understand. I once said we don't know the future in its entirety, and that' s ok...like headlights, we only see so far, but we know there's still road ahead of those lights, and the God that loves us, only He does know the end of the road...and that's why it's okay to not know it for ourselves now, He'd let us know when we get there, and shine the light ahead a little at a time as we step along that road. Now I hear the waves, and feel how awesome His power and strength and might...and also how gentle, how much grace and mercy encompassed too. My feet are cold in the sand, it's time to go.
And I am thankful today, that the policeman decided not to give me a ticket for parking where apparently I was not supposed to. He was nice :)
