short Notes
I went to the grocery store after work today to pick up a bottle of garlic and a box of soda, I ended up with a bottle of garlic, a bag of huge oranges (44 cents a pound!), a can opener, American Chinese food to-go, and powdered drink mix. I resisted the soda but gave into getting some form of sugar in. The garlic actually looks yummy, it's marinated in soybean and olive oil...and will save me time chopping it up and having my fingers smell like garlic for days. But the point of bringing grocery shopping up: I grabbed one of those plastic bags used to fill produce with for the oranges...I placed one it and it rolled out. Didn't think much of it, I must have missed the bag's opening somehow, ran after the orange that was racing away towards the nuts section, and placed it back with the other oranges (guiltily). Placed another orange in and it too, fell out and roll away on the floor, this time I placed it in the bag again cause well, I felt that was the right thing to do. That orange fell out again...what...So my brilliant mind decided to check the bag and what I found was a hole. Why I didn't think of this possibility baffles me. I can't believe I didn't check it out when the first orange fell out and better yet, I didn't even think of any reason why oranges were rolling around the floor....all I thought was, oh, it fell out, I'll put it back in again. My brain is officially fired (edit: 1/2008 I mean, 'fried,' you see what I mean though...).
Heath Ledger passed away (today, or recently). Tomorrow an autopsy will be conducted to figure out how. He was 28 years old. Very unexpected. It's just very uncomfortable when someone young, and about your age passes away.
I am not surprised or fazed when someone calls me 'ma'am', that is, /mEm/,/E/ as in 'apple'. I do feel weary and wise but not surprised. But I am caught off guard when someone calls me 'miss.' Hmm...
I have 7 boxes of chocolate, possibly 8 in my room, and I gave away one, and couldn't bear to give away the rest. Accumulated from Christmas from clients. I've been eating lots of chocolate. I find I don't like 'creme' or caramel filled chocolates. And the word 'gourmet' is really overused in the chocolate industry.
Mary is coming this weekend, woohoo! We will go eat yummy steaks (if she will not think about the price cause I found this sweet steakhouse with great food but $$$), yummy seafood (there's this place where you can get every kind of oyster...I didn't even know there were varieties of oysters like there are fish, sea urchins, lobster, crabs, etc. you point out which one you want, they kill it...ok, that sounds bad, and then they fry/steam/bake it for you), and relax in general on the beach. And we need to have that serious talk about the boy...haha...now that I've met him :P

We didn't get to eat the seafood. :( And you got another box of chocolates! :)