Thursday, May 01, 2008

One h*** of a week...and it's not even over

No other way of putting it...I'm losing my mind quite literally. I thought today was last week and today was Friday all at once. I have hours of programming to do, a school district to deal with, a parent to deal with (among other parents), reports galore to type up, schedules to fix and meetings to attend. I need to ask if this all is 'normal' to a day's work. Either that, or I'm missing some pretty important steps at work that enable things to go smoothly. I cannot help but think the devil's against me because:

-I lost a client today due to circumstances beyond my control...and the client has now a crazy (in my opinion, unreasonable, and I fear that she will further fatigue) treatment schedule given her young age.
-I lost another client due to again, circumstances beyond my control due to funding issues.
-I'm dealing with more parents that I can handle all at once. One is really taking over all my other parents' time....not fair...all the kids need attention.
-I keep getting sudden rush orders on reports...involving attorneys. Again, beyond my control to do miracles ppl...I also need to know ahead of time if you need something, like, ASAP!
-My superiors also have work up to their neck and I hate to rush them, but I do have to.
-And the winner of them all is...I got locked into work today, apparently I didn't hear the cleaning crew leave and they didn't hear me in the downstairs office...couldn't get out without not deadbolting the door I exited (so pray no one decides to rob tonight)...and couldn't get to my purse and my messy, half-not-finished-work upstairs...so I had not car keys, no apartment keys and the food from lunch in my food pack that I had not had a chance to eat (which I hope will keep til tomorrow) was still under my desk. So I walked home, thank God I live close by...the apartment manager was already asleep so there was no one around to answer the phone and let me in the complex...walked around the building, thank goodness someone had forgotten to lock their garage, got in through the garage...took out my window screen (thank goodness I had left the window open a crack today) and broke into my apartment...let's just hope the alarm clock that often goes haywire (which is why I don't use it for alarm purposes, but thank goodness anyhow I have some alarm clock device) does the job and wakes me up on time for tomorrow...because there's another chance in schedule and it's going to be CRAZY!!! Two group sessions back to back complete with parents and children running around!!! And then another session right after and then hopefully a break. The part that scared me the most is how easy it was to break into my apartment complex and apartment itself...it was very quiet, and quick. Ah, do not feel safe at all. And I really really hope my car will still be in one functional piece tomorrow when I go pick it up. And that my purse and its contents are all still there where I left them.

My church is having an 'encounter' women's retreat weekend this coming weekend. I was thinking about going...it's suppose to be good...time to just pray, grow closer to God and His holiness...kinda like a spiritual retreat to empower. Ah...I feel like I am so busy with work that I wouldn't be able to take my mind off work to focus on that retreat...and then I also feel that my life is somewhat out of control that I cannot but go to that retreat for...retreat.

Oh, and also, my visa application is getting more complicated than expected...sometimes I feel like just throwing my hands up and coming back to Malaysia where things are much simpler immigration-wise. Or go live a hermits' uncomplicated life.

2 Blogback:

Blogger Moomykin said...

Phew! I'm breathless just reading on your week and work.

Hope you have a good break this weekend at the retreat.

Take care. drink more juice and water and soup. Lots of good liquids.

Love ya. God bless.

5:48 PM  
Blogger |Elpida said...

Thanks moomykin...your comments are always encouraging to me! Thank you.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home