Today was great! No shopping (I should explain that I had been shopping for three days straight since Boxing Day here). :D My mind was at ease, not thinking of cheap prices and good deals of stuff I don't really especially need. We intented to do laundry and go grocery shopping at ASDA since yesterday, but never woke up early enough to do those and also go downtown. Mel's Russian friend, Yuliya asked us to the movies today, so we saw the last part of LOTR...not as good as the first two but spectacular nontheless compared to all the other book-turned-movies I've seen before. The ending went on too long, but I am so glad they kept Frodo alive in the end, following the book, I thought he was done for in the movie. And Samwise Gangee finally redeemed himself in my eyes in the movie...he was no longer as sickeningly the perfect butler/angel, and my favorite Pippins went dissapointingly overboard with mischief.
After the movie, we went to the Louisiana, where the Transition, Josh's band was playing. Josh is a Bristolian studying at Mel's university, in Geography. Two pairs of brothers, Josh and Jesse, and Steve and Niall. Genre: rock, but with some mellow elements. I had heard them practising before, and tonight, they surprised me again with thier music, good for an upcoming rock band. Stage presence inpressive and Niall had a real good voice, Josh an exellent drummer. I enjoyed the music, 5 out of 7/8 songs they played. Tapi company membosankan and bagi kita pening kepala. Kita pegi dengan kawan Eulylia, David, jugak dari UK. Hai, kepala dia besar sangat and cakap kosong, tapi ingat macam dia tahu semua.Benda yg dia cakap hanya tunjuk kebodohan dia. Aku thought that only if Paul and Nate kat sini, boleh belasah habis-habis dia. Hehe. Few orang buat kita marah at the first meet Overall, I enjoyed tonight...it was fun.
