Monday, February 09, 2004

After months of sporadic, limited blogging, I find myself itching to blog and yet not giving enough time actually blog about issues that are more than just, I-feel-like-this, i-think-this-bla-this-bla-that. BUt to quote Shruti, "ok, whatever."
The re-gathering/picture party at the Heffner's yesterday of all the ex-psuedoHungarian students was a blessed relief for me. Got to see everyone (finally!!!) and get an idea of what my relationship with the others would be like, now that we are back to "normalcy." Different indeed. It is odd to see them around Calvin, after not being aware of their presence at Calvin before, and now seeing them with the friends they had left behind, the Calvin routine, etc. This is one way to figure out who was honest during the semester :) I've been intentionally hanging out with Jill and Kim. Occasionally, Joel, Erica, hopefully, invite the rest for a meal someday. Nate and Paul are still having a ton of fun ganging up against me, but Paul has quieten down on his own with me. I think I can be proud of Becky, she has grown in mind, but I haven't had a heart-to-heart yet with her. Too bad Joel and Eric have graduated. Ben's still in Paris and Jef's slideshow of our Hungary semester yesterday showed so many pictures of Ben, funny and sentimentally sad how we could pick out Ben just by a shot of his shoe, pant, shirt. Man, we really got to know each other by living in close quarters. Oh, and Kelly left today for Australia, on the YOM program. Good for her and God keep and protect her.

But dwelling too much on Hungary and the memories built there makes me forget about now. And now is fast-paced and is always go-go-go. It's been an official one week back for me, but it seems like I never had left. Jell is gone, and it'll be great to see her again, hopefully this summer, definately next school year.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home