Wednesday, March 09, 2005

7.45am: Woke up. Heard some sad news. Prayed.

9am: Had a blast fooling around in class during group discussion. Was not entirely yakking about nonsensical subjects, for the record. Was punning. We are a fun group, besides the fact that we find it hard to get together to plan and complete our presentations, group projects, etc.

10am: Chapel was another wonderful happening this pleasantly happy morning. Sat nearby a prof whom I think it just a wonderful chapel-sit-by-er. Sang with whole heart and was making little speech responses during the mini sermon, was a religion prof, so made it all the wonderful-er. Of course, the mini sermon was also heartening, as I needed in these days of lonely hours studying/working/stressing out about how much there is to do.

10.30: Felt awful, my life in this class is doomed (of course my vocab is so small, that nothing else exist between the two extremes of adjectives). Had read the entire chapter way ahead of time, well, apparently too advanced in time. Did not remember the most important points, but did the chapter headings, which were not of nay good use in class discussions. Need to redeem self.

12.20: Started on research work/project. As always, or most of the times anyhow, it was delightful, kids are always delightful (as a rule). But then started running late to class.

1.30: Time should actually read 1.40pm. I'm always late on Wednesday to this class...I don't like to be, but I am due to off-campus commitments (see above). But this time grand enterance into classroom was not great. Forgot how late I was, marched right in front of the prof (the classroom is very small), dragging winter coat, bag and folder in tow, breathing heavily from running (and praying quietly that I won't get a ticket for parking in the wrong parking lot, but it was the closest one and I value education more than parking in the right spot, as long as it's not handicap parking), looking very intimidating. I sit on the other end of the classroom, furthest from the door. Usually, on Wednesdays I try to sit by the door, but this time, that row's entry way was blocked by the next row of seats. Prof had said it was okay to be late as long as I had a good excuse. I do, think. Spoke in class though, which is always an achievement for me. If you'll ask Prof Brown, my 101 English prof for those get-to-know-your-student-info sheets, you'll find mine saying (I was an ignorant, unsocialized, naive 1st semester FR then) at the bottom of the sheet, "my goal is to speak up more in class."--I was being honest. Prof this time was gracious not to say I was long-winded and could have summarized my long speech in one or two sentences, and that the answer I gave was not explicit, but implicit, which is why my papers are often unclear. I claim artistic language style, I ask the reader to look beyond my words, but this technique does not always (delete, "always") work in academic paper writing in college, especially when you're just analyzing or reviewing a text, person, event, etc.

Wow...you can tell I like my 1.30 class (and being female, I will add that I also like my other classes too, but it's twue).

2.30: Went to park the car in a correct parking spot, in the apartment area, across the Bridge. Was suppose to go to work now. I decided to eat a heavy lunch since I'll be back oncampus later on til late at night to finish work and have a prayer meeting. Fell aslept, felt really good.

6pm: OK, going to work now, but I'm blogging right now too! Made some Americanized Chai (yes, they have discovered Indian tea and Celestial Seasonings sell a variety of chai-s). I'll go practice piano now.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home