The knee bones connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone's connected to the...
I feel tangled up in all the interconnectivity of life, every decision seems to affect something else and everything is going nuts. Therapy last night went well, so to say, for the first session. It was the worst yet...I didn't find out anything about my client until the moment he showed up, wait, I should not be biased..I did know he was a he/male, and he was a child. The only problem was I didn't know what age, and what was the concern. So I didn't know which test to really use (age norms) and what questions to ask..so I prepared for both. If he was a real young child vs an older child. I left like I was floundering during the session, just getting into the mindset of what to do what for his background/situation. The worst that could happen would be I get a note saying they decided not to come anymore. Despite the crapped up system they have here that really is to blame for my ignorance of him before he actually came, he seems to be a very cool kid to work with. I was a little nervous about him in the beginning, he didn't seem to want much to do with me, but later, he seemed to warm up some. Before he left, I thought, he is really easy-going and motivated, this is going to very cool and fun. He is really going to make me work this semester. I liked that he's very different from others I have worked with before--bring it.
BUT...
that didn't stop the other connections...my all-week nervousness built up to stomach pain and light-headedness. Yes, I am an intense person, and yes, that is bad. The next morning, I had another client. I went through that session with a cramped tummy and had to pause a bit every so often so that I could give a verbal cue before I held down another stab of pain. So, the lesson of the week is, the emotional is connected to the mental, which is connected to the physical, and they all connect to each other in all which ways as well.
I really am looking forward to the weekend.
