Thursday, June 19, 2008

So, like, you know, like

So instead of doing the four reports I'm suppose to have already done, I'm blogging and not thinking of work. In a way. Going to GR for a wedding next week...soooooo excited!!! I hope it will be good...and it will be, if I get all these reports done in time. Hmmp.

It's IEP season...for my workplace, that means lots of meetings with disgruntled people in it. I had one that went well...all others were what the system calls 'hot cases.' Which is why they come here in the first place, because they weren't happy where they originally were. In many ways, getting involved in the hard cases is excellent as part of my working experience. It is also daunting. I have always felt jumpy when I know there's a video or audio recorder somewhere in the room watching every move made and every sound produced. Doesn't mean I'm extra articulate or well-presented when there are tape recorders in the room...the thought of being able to play the moment(s) over and over again just makes me quite faint. You know you're in a hot case when there's a tape recorder rolling and people tell you speak into the recorder rather than to another person's face. There was a lawyer in one of today's meetings and I am so glad I had my supervisor with me. This is not the norm...they don't tell you about these things in grad school. The working world, for the most part, I think is passive aggressive. I do not like passive aggressive. Esp. with women, women are especially passive aggressive. The smiles, the tight smiles. Jeez oh peas. I think I finally realized just how sheltered a life I've lived..the world is indeed rotting from inside out.

On a happy note, my bedroom is now clean. Working on the living room...um, maybe this weekend or on Tuesday before I leave on a plane for a much anticipated break!

OK...positive thinking...positive thinking...Col 3:23.

2 Blogback:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary is planning to bake u some sweet treats for u this weekend. I think she needs the barley grass as magnesium is what her body is really craving. Bring her half yr supply at least.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Moomykin said...

Good for you girl. Looks like you're holding up pretty well.

I think if I were in your shoes I'll be tripping over my tongue out of nervousness all the way!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home