Wow dude.
After 20 years of consuming coffee, tea and other caffeine-saturated substances, I finally know what it means to be affected by caffeine. Went to the famed (Rev Zomer likes it a lot anyways) Praha Cafe on the way to class yesterday. Very nice ambiance and deco inside, and all the servers/workers there are young cute guys. It was the same in this other eatery I went to...so, then is it that prevalent?...an economics prof from one of the Calvin-affliated universities here came and gave a talk about the economic history and current situation of Hungary's socioeconomy. He said that one factor influencing the job market is the bias to hire young, good-looking females (and males, I suppose); so the older workers, although more valuable in my eyes (experience, knowledgeable) are often pushed aside. Anyhow, I absolutely loved the cafe, except it was a bit noisy then, but I am grateful that there was a somewhat separate smoking section, rare in Europe where you can't really avoid it. So I got this two taste-toned Wien Melange coffee, great but not exceptional. And I saw 10 db kg bags of chocolate covered coffee beans, a treat, I have come to know from little paper cups of milk chocolate covered coffee beans at Meijers back in GR. I don't know how much they cost in the States simple cause I mooch them off friends (these yummy stuff are good cause you only really need 4 or so to be contented). But they were about $2.50 here for a whole bag which is kinda the most I'll ever get at once. The cafe had white covered one and dark. I asked for white, since I did not fancy a doubly bitter taste just then, but the waiter, as smiley and friendly as he was, did not understand my English and got me dark. Jill was there and we decided, dark is ok too. It had already taken me many minutes to get the waiter's attention and explain what I wanted. It was the best chocolate covered coffee beans I have ever tasted. I found my new favorite (I think this is going to be an all-time thing) luxury sweet. The chocolate was sweet, a little creamy and bitter--superb. The bean was small enough not to overwhelm the palate and lightly crunchy. And so, I ate too much. Between Jill and I, we ate half a bag. I was feeling sick halfway thru, but they were just too good. I got a headache, and then was very alert...I slept at 4.18 am (I watched the clock) and woke up at 8.20 not sleepy enough to go back to bed, but with puffy hurting eyes. But I feel ready for the day, as ready as any college student can be anyhow. So, after all those, late night coffee sessions and being able to sleep like a baby right after, I change what I say, and caffeine does affect me, if I consume it in enormous quantities. It!s pretty cool actually, I had always imagined that you'll feel tired and lethargic but not sleepy enough to go to bed, but I actually felt awake, just physically achy. Dude, I totally ate too many coffee beans and the thought of coffee grinds in my tummy is just not pleasant.
