Saturday, August 02, 2008

Haha!!!!

That's how I feel about my computer right now...like I cheated death itself, like I cheated technology and won, like I got away with the trickiest scheme ever...like I double conned and swindled the swindler and con-er. Hahahaha....my computer is working today!!! It's like the lottery, chance...because I don't know really what's not working and what's working and why there's no particular pattern at all (actually the only pattern I can discern so far is my computer just gets more and more horrible and slow and hang-y, and then one day when I re-turn it on, it works like a dream) . And yes, I have stopped going to all those free movie websites...a while ago, but am still paying the price of going to such websites...sigh...maybe I ought to suppose the cinemas. But then, I also found hulu.com, which is a perfectly legit website and therefore, no cause for virus-concern.

And now, I can write a post in my blog...because I can actually get to this website!!! Bwahahahaha...so, since the last post, IEP season has come and gone...and in summary, it has taught me to watch my back and to leave to God when I can't control when wishing doesn't work (and it should be always). I saw the worst yet of people can be so different and two-faced and how politically correct is always a thin-line at work and IEP season brings out the worst out of people for various reasons.

I finally got my CCC!!! In a way, I have finished national requirements, and as far as any state but California is concerned, am a fully certified SLP. When California finally processes my paperwork and hopefully does not lose it, I will also be a fully certified SLP in every state of the US. Hence (I just like the way 'hence' sounds, it doesn't semantically fit here), my un-accumulated excitement at being certified, it's dragging out. I have bits of excitement here and there. But ah...I enjoy the raise.

I'm running my own group of kiddos now. It's kinda different being the lead every time and having people ask me what to do. But it's good practice I guess.

I told my supervisor that I was thinking of going back to school next school year. The whole department apparently came to know this the next week. They are supportive, haha...funny feeling given my grad school experience. I think my job is awesome...but intense.

I cut my hair short! Sassy! A little shorter than the last time I had done so, but it works...nice, especially in this heat. I actually kinda like it although there was a twinge of sadness as I saw my hair fall to the ground, gone...

In the spirit of my sis' blog, food: Today, I made grilled salmon, with a side of creamed spinach and cherry tomatoes. Yummy! Bought ingredients for phillo dough fruit tarts...and have yummy fresh berries in the fridge...so if all goes well...there will be fruit tarts sometime soon. Aunty called yesterday and asked if I was eating better...and I said I bought vegetables recently...and then she asked, if they were sitting in the fridge or if I was actually eating them...Haha, sharp! So I said, mostly. Hence, the creamed spinach today...it's a yummy and quick way to eat a lot of spinach at once. I had 3-4 handfuls of fresh spinach (btw, frozen spinach works best for creamed), which ended turning into 1/2 cup of creamed spinach.

Deb's creamy spinach:
Add a spoon of butter, toss the pan with some garlic until it releases its aroma. Add heavy cream, just enough to cover the pan, heat to reduce. Add a bit of flour or some thickening agent if you will. When slightly thickened, add spinach and parmesan (the powdered form) cheese. If you are using sliced/'wet' cheese, then add cheese and stir well before you add the spinach. Use one box of frozen spinach. Add a pinch of nutmeg at the end...just a bit always brings out all kinds of yummy flavors from the rest of the ingredients.

A visiting therapist's last day was coming up so she hosted an Indian lunch at work Thursday, being Indian herself. It was super yummy! Raita, chana marsala, lamb curry, samosas, briyani, naan, mint chutney, tamarind chutney...reminded me of the Indian food I had at Calvin...with each Indian sista having their own specialty dish and the privilege of taste testing them again and again and again. Things always taste better when someone else but yourself cooked it for you.

Mum sent me a picture email of different Japanese designed bento boxes, so cute! The Japanese are really good with making food look good!

Off for a swim now...yes, I try...

2 Blogback:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love to try your creamed spinach, but think you shld try using fresh fr scratch. Seared Tuna also another craving and excuse to visit u again.
love,M

11:02 PM  
Blogger Moomykin said...

Good to hear that you are doing well. :)


Take good care of yourself. There are just so plentiful of fruits in California. Grab some every day, ok?

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home