Monday, August 25, 2003

About 8 more hours and it's on a plane time again. Sabina has been telling every single evening for the pass few days of how, "at this time on Monday you will be on a plane and I'll be here," and "and I'll be all alone in the apartment :S" The good-bye feeling started to hit yesterday...can't really belive I'm actually leaving and gonna be gone for a while. This summer has been indeed wonderful in terms that I rediscovered the kindness of people. Wow...I think I'm actually going to be genuinely missing people "fur real."
Khairel (finally!) got me while I was at home this morning. Talking to him was nice and also a reminder of things past. I cannot be the friend he entirely wants me to be, and the more I become myself, the greater the gap is between the people back home and myself. But beyond a shadow of a doubt, I am there for him and I do care for him. I just think I need to be a different kind a friend for him. He mentioned that he's going to meet up with Sze next week or so, and I just smile when I think of that. It'll be good. But Sze, don't be too liberal to him!
Sabina and gang (it's so much easier to group everyone as 'gang') had a surprise farewell party/outing for me last Saturday. It was uncomfortable to be the purposeful center of attention, but I was touched. It was really nice of them. They stood below the balconey and shouted, which I found to be the most hilarous part. Me, Sabs, Nathan, Jonny, Alicia, Bekah, Hannah and Luke went to Reeds' Lake a picnic (egro: Jelling's surprise B-day) and Pau happened to be there, which was nice to get to say g-bye to him. Then it was coffee (mmm...) and a movie. Sunday night was theater night with the girls. We watched "Uptaown Girls," a movie I would never of gone to the cinema to watch. But it ended up being a heart-warming (the guy was a jerk, but cute) tale, queer in some manner, the props and scenes were mismatched in my way. Hmm...man, it seems sometimes as if I were going away for good...I bet the semester will pass just - like - that.
And everyone's coming back!!!!!!!!!!!....just as I am leaving. Wes started out today, on the day I leave; Benny's coming back for London as well. John is leaving today for Oregon, so that's some comfort, why so, is peculiar); Jell will be back on the 30th, Jona, 3rd. Joo Eun's already back, and it was hang-out intensive on Friday and some Saturday. She has grown much and I am very glad for her, to see her become so beautiful inside.

0 Blogback:

Post a Comment

<< Home