Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jottings and nottings and lottings

So I figured out that if I do the control+alt+delete thingey, I can fiddle around with what's running/not running and get my internet working again...at least for a little while until it decides to stall again. Just purchasing a totally new computer sounds better and better to me everyday.
Tired...wish I could say otherwise, but it's a satisfied kinda tired, or at least a not so complain-y, bothered kinda tiredness. Monday felt like Friday, Tuesday felt better, and today, Wednesday, just felt like Monday again. Two more days to go, two more...Thursday and Friday are my 'heavier' days since the schedule change this month. I might have bit off more than I can chew, quite alike Calvin, but I sure enjoy the Afterwards. Dog tired. *yawn*

I've been visiting way too many children's books aisles and toy stores. I babysat for church a few weeks ago (or was it just two weekends ago?) and funny how I couldn't turn off the therapist in me...before I could think and react, I was selecting toys for the kids based on their play level. And using goofy voices and had all the other sitters look at me funny. Whatever.

The last few weeks have also been wonderfully happily tiring. Mary and Twink came up for Labor Day weekend/week. Yosemite :) was awesome and the only way I would (of course) attempt exercise. And then there were the sand dunes, rock climbing, football (Beckham, your team needs to shape up), and concert before. And now Twink's in Chicago and I'm trying to catch up with all the work I did not do during those weeks. Trying...but when you know you always will have more work coming in, it doesn't seem so urgent after all...it gets done somehow. period.

Thinking alot of Malaysia and the people back there. About high school friends and the paths we have taken and where we're at now. So different, some good, some tragic.

*yawn*

Two more reports to go...and lots of reading to do.

2 Blogback:

Blogger Moomykin said...

I think if our job is such that we are truly involved in caring for the people we work with, it becomes our second nature. Not something easily turned on and off.

Have a good week. God bless.

1:39 PM  
Blogger |Elpida said...

:P and of course all the kids loved me by the end of the day...and no one could figure out why...hope you are well, Moomykin!

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home