Friday, October 03, 2008

Work and Study

So...I'm getting but a glimpse of what it is like to work and study at the same time. Just a glimpse. One class, full time work. And I say, I don't know how people do it. With a full time job and full time work. I cannot even begin to ask 'who does one do it?' It becomes irrelevant, foolish. You just do it. And I'm hardly doing so. You just cry out to God for help and remind yourself constantly that this is for the better and things will get better and that you can do it and to smile.

And just when I think I've reached my limit, come before me is something more. Makes my heart break sometimes. And then sometimes, I see that the people that are really happy are those who I treat. And sometimes I feel that it's really the loved ones that are the ones hurting and sad. Read Schuyler's Monster. Funny how familiar it sounded. It's really all about what the family wants, how things go...what's important to the family is what is important for the child. Difficult to work the other way around. And true, isn't a happy child a reflection of happy parents? I think so. A young child learns by seeking to please, just as an infant learns from pleasure first. Yeah, and I'm NOT off on the blame-the-parents-Freudian rampage.

1 Blogback:

Blogger Moomykin said...

I can't do working and study at the the same time either. So when I was doing my MA, I quite my job at HELP.

Then, Thank the good Lord, I got a tutorship, which gave me a salary and waved my study fees. I only had to teach 8 hours a week max compared to 24 hours at HELP.

Yes, our family background can really be our booster or the skeletons in our closets.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home